Old Fort Meade Calvary Museum
Fort Meade was established during the winter of 1878-79 by the 1st & 11th infantry as well as the reorganized 7th Cavalry.
It outlived all other frontier posts of the Upper Missouri West, surviving as a military installation until 1944 when it became a Veterans Administration Hospital as it remains today.
Journey back in military history through the many exhibits.
Check out our exhibit of the month HERE!
Our hours of operation are 9AM-5PM 7 days a week from May to September.
Wish to volunteer with us? Click here and fill out the volunteer form.